Woods Hollow Children's Center
"Commitment to Quality"
A few specifics about Woods Hollow Children's Center:
- A non-profit organization founded in 1991, Woods Hollow is NAEYC accredited and proud to be among the very best programs in the nation.
- Woods Hollow staff members are highly qualified, many with 4-year degrees in ECE, and strongly supported in their continued professional development.
- Low teacher - child ratios and small group sizes ensure many opportunities for sensitive, caring interactions. Each child is respected as a unique person, with individual needs, interests and abilities.
- Our curriculum emphasizes hands-on experiences and provides abundant time for lively play with a variety of materials.
- Children have access to nature trails, the Fitchburg Center Prairie and rain garden, which sets the scene for on-going learning and appreciation for nature.
- WHCC offers breakfast, lunch, and snacks prepared on-site by our Nutrition Specialist according to USDA Food Program quality guidelines.
- Woods Hollow has systems in place to meet the needs of children with food allergies. All staff are trained in recognizing and responding to symptoms of food allergies. WHCC also has a peanut-butter/tree nut free environment.
- Parents and family members are always welcome to observe or join in Center activities; they are encouraged to share their talents and ideas.
- A strong Board of Directors ensures continued dedication to Woods Hollow's education mission, as well as implementation of sound fiscal practices.